Thursday, February 11, 2010

Purpose and Overview

Mark Twain once said, "There are no mistakes in life, only lessons to be learned...." This is a blog about my personal experiences and journey of personal growth and development! I have been practicing personal growth and development in one form or another for roughly ten years. I personally have found that I may read a powerful book, empowering quote, or success story and put it into action, but before long, I revert right back to the same 'unconscious' self, that is stuck in a rut. This has happened time and again. So, I decided that if I start sharing my knowledge of what I've learned and what I have put into practice, then it will stay fresh in my mind.  I hope to be accountable, to not only myself, but to anyone who reads this blog!

There are many other great personal development blogs on the internet, so you may be wondering how this blog is different. The fundamental aspect that sets this personal growth and development blog apart is that this blog is faith-based. I believe that in order to truly grow and develop, you have to have a strong foundation in faith.  Jesus said, "So then, anyone who hears these words of mine and obeys them is like a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain poured down, the rivers flooded over, and the wind blew hard against that house. But it did not fall because it was built on rock" (Matthew 7:24-25). Otherwise the journey of personal growth and development is like building castles on the sand. One strong wave or a high tide of life can level your facade.

I would like to take the time to also address another significant difference about this blog. I am not an assertive person by nature, (I am currently working on that aspect of my personality, so say tuned for postings on that!), but I want to set the tone for this blog in the beginning. This blog is not a "Dear Abby" advice-seeking blog! Someone once told me that when you give advice, you alienate people. I have no desire to alienate anyone who reads this blog. This blog is intended to share my journey of personal growth and the lessons learned along the way. I hope you will join me on this journey and implement my experiences in your own life. My reason for sharing my journey in a public forum is in hopes of enriching my life and the lives of the readers by empowering the mind, enlightening the soul, and embracing Faith!


No comments:

Post a Comment