Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday: Care Bear!

Theodore Roosevelt said, "People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."  Good ole Teddy!  It seems nowadays we are all caught up in ourselves.  I am guilty of this!  I get into the "me me me" funk from time to time.  I noticed myself slipping into that funk this week.  So Thoughtful Thursday couldn't have come at a better time!
This week, I am challenging myself to let someone or some people know that I care - genuinely care!  I notice a lot of people's experiences, both negative and positive, through their blogs, emails, Facebook statuses and twitter tweets.  However, I don't always verbalize my thoughts about it.  I may think about a person, but I don't let them know I'm thinking of them.  So this week, I plan to make a few phone calls, send a few heart-felt notes or emails, just to let the people in my life know that I care and I'm thinking of them!  I want to celebrate their successes, rejoice in their blessings, offer a hand in their time of need, and let them know I'm praying for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment